Please take a few minutes to complete the online EBRPSS Climate & Culture Parent Survey 2018-2019 for Woodlawn High School. This survey is part of the district’s AdvancED accreditation process. Your input will help support our continuous improvement efforts at both the school and district level.
The survey can be found by clicking here.
The survey will closed on December 14, 2018. Your input is appreciated.
Woodlawn High School students have an opportunity to get a glimpse of their futures at the Annual College and Career Fair which will be held on Thursday, October 4th.
This annual event is possible through the efforts of Woodlawn High School Counseling Department and Woodlawn Staff working together to host the college fair. The “fair” runs from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. in the WHS gymnasium.
College fair organizers have worked hard to ensure students will be able to speak directly with people from the colleges in which they are interested. From the larger schools, like Louisiana State University and University of Alabama, to the state’s smaller colleges, such as Centenary Collge and BRCC, just to name a few. Representatives will share information on cost, living arrangements, curriculum, overall campus experience, and more with attendees.
Woodlawn High knows that every student does not fit into the typical college experience and organizers planned for this fact; there are several vocational and technical schools in the lineup as well as the United States Armed Forces branches.
In an effort to further assist parents at Woodlawn High School, the school is offering evening classes for parents. Classes on seven different topics are being offered, with many of the classes being offered on multiple dates to better fit the schedules of our parents. Classes will be located in the Library Computer Lab.
With the help of administration and faculty, parents will be given information on different topics during each class.
- August 28, 2018 and September 4, 2018 – Assimilation Workshop/ESL Parents, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- September 10, 2018 and October 15, 2018 – Homework Assistance Tips for Parents, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- September 11, 2018 and September 12, 2018 – Parent/Teacher Communication Skills, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- September 16, 2018 and November 13, 2018 – There’s an App for That/Google Chrome, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- September 25, 2018 and October 18, 2018 – Homework Assistance & Math Tips for Parents, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- October 30, 2018 – College Planning & Scholarship Search Tips, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- January 14, 2019 – FAFSA Completion Help, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Parents with any questions should email Ms. Anitra Walker.
Guidance has asked any student who has a schedule change request to fill out the form attached at the following link.
Valid Requests Include:
-you have taken and received credit for the course already
-missing a graduation requirement
-hole in schedule
-took summer school to recover credit
-move to a higher level class
Click here for the schedule change request form.